The 1 oz Gold Britannia is one of the most beautiful coins on the market.
- Coins produced prior to 2013 contain .9167 fine Gold, while coins issued starting in 2013 contain .9999 fine Gold.
- The fineness may vary but each coin will contain 1 oz of fine Gold.
- Individual coins are packaged in protective packaging.
- Obverse: An effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: A depiction of the legendary figure of Britannia holding a trident and shield.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Protect your Gold Britannia with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order. You can even add a beautiful coin bezel to turn your Gold Britannia into fine jewelry.
Add this 1 oz Gold Britannia to your cart today!
Dates and conditions on these random year coins will be of our choosing and may or may not vary, determined by stock on hand. Items may also contain privy marks.
The Gold Britannia
The Gold Britannia is one of the flagship coins of The Royal Mint and was first introduced in 1987. Today, it is one of the The Royal Mint’s most popular products. New in 2021, features including a latent image, surface animation, tincture lines, and micro text have been included into Philip Nathan’s classic design for added security.
The Great Britain Britannia Coin Series
First released as 1 oz Gold Britannia coins in 1987, The Royal Mint began producing the 1 oz Silver Britannia coin in 1997 as a Proof, and then as a bullion coin in 1998. The coins minted from 1998 to 2012 contain .958 fine Silver, and beginning in 2013, bullion issues became the first to contain .999 fine Silver. Today, the coin series is released yearly in several sizes in Gold and Platinum Britannia coins, along with the Silver Britannias coins in both Brilliant Uncirculated and limited mintage Proofs.